Synfig loosing layers when importing .sif file

General questions and answers about using Synfig. We encourage you to document your findings in the FAQ and Tips pages on the website.
rocendroll

Synfig loosing layers when importing .sif file

Postby rocendroll » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:06 am

Hi could you help with this problem? I've made a charcter in Inkscape, and then saved it as .sif file. As everything is looking good in Inkscape, when imported to Synfig I can see that it lost ome of the layers. I checked if it not visible, but yeah, layers which should be on place aren't there and I don'tknow how to deal with this issue

Advertisement

BobSynfig

Re: Synfig loosing layers when importing .sif file

Postby BobSynfig » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:51 am

Which version of Inkscape and Synfig?
There are some incompabilities between the 2 softwares and recently some problems with letters have been solved reverting to Inkscape 0.91 (see https://www.synfig.org/forums/viewtopic ... 546#p34546)
Also Sif Import Problem!!!: viewtopic.php?t=10549

You could try to use a portable version in order to mess your current Inkscape
https://inkscape.org/en/release/0.91/platforms/
Always check Wiki/FAQ first! - Use last builds only: Stable 1.2.1 / Dev 1.3.8 (highly recommended)
Official Synfig Training Course - Buttons too big in Linux? - No icons with appimage ? - Google Translate may help

rocendroll

Re: Synfig loosing layers when importing .sif file

Postby rocendroll » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:59 am

I have 1.3.5 Synfig and 0.92 Inkcape

BobSynfig wrote:Also Sif Import Problem!!!: viewtopic.php?t=10549

In my case - I save file in Inkscape in .sif extension, and Synfig reads it without a problem. I just doesn't read some of the layers, and I don't know why.

Return to “Synfig related help”