Help!

Discuss Synfig related news
Genete
Site Admin

Help!

Postby Genete » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:05 pm

needs your help!
Developers, packagers, bug testers, translators, artists, web developers, wiki writers... you can contribute! :D

mad0

Re: Help!

Postby mad0 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Hello genete,
you're right, I should help. I could do translations, but I never learned English at school - just on the Internet - so I always believed that others will do better ... and I just know php coding and a little javascript ...
I will finish my tutorial and try to do more! :oops:

Rafael

Postby Rafael » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi Genete.
I'm really busy right now (all my free time is now dedicated on the demo reel), but when the demo reel will be finished, I'll help in that I can do. :wink:

nikitakit
Site Admin

Postby nikitakit » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:56 am

Hi Genete
You've been doing a great job of keeping the project running. I really admire all of your hard work.
Winter break is in ~2 more weeks, and then I'll have a lot of time to put into press releases, code, etc. - whatever's needed.

Genete
Site Admin

Postby Genete » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:11 am

Thanks for your warm response!

Regarding to transifex it is not a question of translations but a question of handle the translations and prepare them to be incorporated to the code. The po files obtained from transfiex doesn't keep the history of people that translated the file in the past, the project description or the year copyright. That has to be fixed for each time that the translations are updated and for each translation po file. It is needed to take the old translation file, copy its header and update with the new translator if any. If the translation is new it is needed to create a new header for that language. Also, it is needed to filter the translations that haven't been updated since the last time I updated the pot file (po template) so we don't patch a po file that has not been updated at all. Number of translated languages grows quickcly with this translation method and needs maintenance.

I'm cosidering to not include new translation on this tiny release and make a later update (0.63.04). For me is more important to put the bug fixes and new features on hand of people than to update two or three translated strings.

I'd like to release 0.63.03 as soon as possible.

-G
needs your help!
Developers, packagers, bug testers, translators, artists, web developers, wiki writers... you can contribute! :D

jcome

Postby jcome » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 am

time flies...

Genete
Site Admin

Postby Genete » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:02 am

needs your help!

jcome

Postby jcome » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:55 pm

time flies...

jcome

Postby jcome » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:06 pm

Last edited by jcome on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
time flies...

jcome

Postby jcome » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:40 pm

all the po head are corrected.
I saw there are translatable string changes of source code since the po files in transifex were frozen. Before generate patch (git format-patch), should I do "make update-po" in the two po directories to update these po files?

updated: patches works fine against git master now, uploaded to the sf.
time flies...

ghosthand

Postby ghosthand » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi Genete,

Thanks always for your work.

I can help with press releases on the blog and the rest of the web. Just curious, does Synfig have official pages on any social media sites or anywhere else? If so, it would be great to have access to the accounts. If not, I could create them. Let me know if you want me to do this and I can start working on this.

-Chris

Genete
Site Admin

Postby Genete » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:34 pm

needs your help!

Genete
Site Admin

Postby Genete » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:42 pm

needs your help!

jcome

Postby jcome » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:28 pm

time flies...

pixelgeek
Site Admin

Postby pixelgeek » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:27 am

Both Genete and I can update the facebook page and that will automatically be twittered too. I believe anyone can write on the wall there.

Google+ pages are restricted to the original creator right now, but that may change soon - http://google-plus.com/2830/google-page ... ming-soon/

I don't know if there's a way to create a Synfig page in Diaspora yet... Ghosthand is the only person that's talked about Synfig there. :)

Return to “Synfig news discussion”