The main goal of Morevna Project is creation of full-lengthened animated movie, utilizing Open Source tools only.
* Promotion of Open Source software and its ideology.
* Improving existing Open Source products by giving appropriated feedback to developers and community.
Main production tools:
* 2D animation: Synfig Studio.
* 3D modeling and animation: Blender.
* Static images: GIMP, Krita.
Project page (mostly in Rusian): http://zelgadis.profusehost.net/blog/pr ... a_project/
MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/morevna_project
- Russian fairy-tale "Marya Morevna" on which screenplay is based.
- Story plot
- Screenplay (sorry, in Russian only, not translated to English yet)
- Characters profiles
- Character layouts: Ivan Tsarevich
- Characters drafts: Ivan, Morevna.
We need creative people to help our project:
- Characters designers (drawing in anime style required).
- Keyframe animators (making key extreme drawings of characters/objects moving in scene, drawing in anime style required).
- Inbetweeners (making smooth animation in Synfig Studio based on drawn keyframes).
- Background painters.
- 3D designers (knowledge of blender required).
- Q: Is there any organization financing the project?
A: No. We are not recieving any funds. The only money invested into the project is my own.
- Q: Do you publishing sources of your project?
A: We are planning to publish source materials under one of Creative Commons Licenses when, where and if it possible.
- Q: I'm not good at drawing, animation or 3D modeling. Can I still help the project?
A: Yes you can! You can support us in following ways:
- Translation of project documentation from Rusian into English. Even if you don't know Russian but know English very well you can help the project by correcting our existing translations.
- If you are good at C/C++ programming we appreciate if you help with the development of Synfig Studio or contirbute to Synfig project in any other way.
- Any constructive critique also welcome.
The next milestone in project development is creation of its demo. The demo is 3 min scene from a movie where two main characters meeting each other for the first time.
The demo planned as a music video and could be watched as standalone piece. I want to use Per Gessle's composition "Hey Mr DJ" which is NOT free music. And I HAVE NO rights to use it for now. My plan is to produce the animation footage first and then try to get permission to use this song.
- Storyboard (English)
- Background music available on the myspace-page of original artist: http://www.myspace.com/gessle
- Simple animatic
- 3D-models: Katana, Morevna's bike, Helicopter