Portable builds

Discuss creation of synfig packages and other packaging issues
shnbwmn

Portable builds

Postby shnbwmn » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi guys

Lately I have decided to switch to using portable (eg, non-install) software in order to keep my computer fast/clean and make it easier to work across different PCs. Luckily I've found that most of the FLOSS software I use has a portable version, or at least an alternative that does. When it comes to animation work, particularly in terms of After Effects type animating, I've found that Synfig is really the only one that can do what I need.

So, I was wondering whether it is possible to make a portable version available. Looking online, the only portable package I could find was one from 2012 (X-Synfig), version 0.63.05. I'm sure many people would appreciate it, and keep up the great work!

Advertisement

KonstantinDmitriev
Site Admin

Re: Portable builds

Postby KonstantinDmitriev » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Hello! Any latest installation of Synfig is portable. You can install it, then move to flashdrive and run from there (even on different PC). No additional actions required.

shnbwmn

Re: Portable builds

Postby shnbwmn » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Zelgadis wrote:Hello! Any latest installation of Synfig is portable. You can install it, then move to flashdrive and run from there (even on different PC). No additional actions required.

Ah, that's good to know. Thanks! :D

Return to “Packaging”