Unified all-in-one packages for end users

Discuss creation of synfig packages and other packaging issues
Earered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: Unified all-in-one packages for end users

Postby Earered » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Zelgadis wrote:rore:
Thanks for report! Which version of Debian?


For me it's oldstable (etch)
The problem might be related to this : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermai ... 00095.html

Advertisement

User avatar
tushantin
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 3:38 am
Contact:

Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby tushantin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:36 pm

When attempting to install the new stable Synfig (well, upgrading actually) I get this error. Now, I can simply click "Ignore warning and install", but hey, we need users to stop being too scared, aye?

Using Natty Narwhal - Ubuntu.

Here's the pic: http://i.imgur.com/yeokm.png
Bartimaeus: "One magician demanded I show him an image of the love of his life. I rustled up a mirror."
My website of awesomeness!

User avatar
Genete
Site Admin
Posts: 5155
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:26 am
Location: Spain

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby Genete » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Good catch. We will try to fix it as soon as possible.
-G
Synfig needs your help!
Developers, packagers, bug testers, translators, artists, web developers, wiki writers... you can contribute! :D

Vinsy
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby Vinsy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:49 pm

That's a problem but it's related to Ubuntu, i had this problem with several packages and my best choice was GDebi, is not installed as it used to be but is still available from repositories, the worst part is that updating Wine has come to be a problem too due to this thing about bad quality packages.
=D!

User avatar
pixelgeek
Site Admin
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: West Coast USA

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby pixelgeek » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Win7 throws a message, because it's unsure that the package has installed correctly. But it has. I don't know how to convince it otherwise, short of digitally signing it.
Maybe it's time to update the NSIS installer package. :(

Chris

YAFU
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby YAFU » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Hello.

synfigstudio_0.63.00-20110605.master.7_amd64.deb has broken my dpkg system on Kubuntu 11.04 64bits (installing with dpkg).

=========
Error: Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should reinstall it before attempting a removal.
=========
Then I could not use dpkg or apt anymore.

Uninstallation solved following this guide:

http://blog.bodhizazen.net/linux/apt-ge ... n-packages

(Replacing "flashplugin-nonfree" for "synfigstudio" ofcourse.)

Apparently the package was converted from rpm with alien.

Thanks.

User avatar
Genete
Site Admin
Posts: 5155
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:26 am
Location: Spain

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby Genete » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:10 am

YAFU wrote:Hello.

synfigstudio_0.63.00-20110605.master.7_amd64.deb has broken my dpkg system on Kubuntu 11.04 64bits (installing with dpkg).

=========
Error: Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should reinstall it before attempting a removal.
=========
Then I could not use dpkg or apt anymore.

Uninstallation solved following this guide:

http://blog.bodhizazen.net/linux/apt-ge ... n-packages

(Replacing "flashplugin-nonfree" for "synfigstudio" ofcourse.)

Apparently the package was converted from rpm with alien.

Thanks.


Thanks for the report and sorry for the troubles. We will try to reproduce it on a virtual machine.
-G
Synfig needs your help!
Developers, packagers, bug testers, translators, artists, web developers, wiki writers... you can contribute! :D

YAFU
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby YAFU » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:34 am

No need to apologize. Thanks to the developers and maintainers.
Hope you can fix it.
One question. For what distro was built .rpm package?
In my experience, only Fedora .rpm work fine on Ubuntu when it is converted with alien.
Greetings.

KonstantinDmitriev
Site Admin
Posts: 1024
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:16 am
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby KonstantinDmitriev » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:16 am

YAFU wrote:No need to apologize. Thanks to the developers and maintainers.
Hope you can fix it.
One question. For what distro was built .rpm package?
In my experience, only Fedora .rpm work fine on Ubuntu when it is converted with alien.
Greetings.

Hi!
RPM should run on any recent (no more than 2 years old) RPM-based distro. It was tested on OpenSuse and Fedora.

YAFU:
Please post full error text for apt-get. I need to know which dependency it complains.

KonstantinDmitriev
Site Admin
Posts: 1024
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:16 am
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby KonstantinDmitriev » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:17 am

tushantin wrote:Here's the pic: http://i.imgur.com/yeokm.png


I see on screenshot:
"...and include details beneath..."

Please do. ~_^

YAFU
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby YAFU » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:39 am

Zelgadis wrote:RPM should run on any recent (no more than 2 years old) RPM-based distro. It was tested on OpenSuse and Fedora.


Yes, but for any reason I can not convert official RPM packages from OpenSuse or Mandriva to .deb with alien (in similar release date distros)

Zelgadis wrote:Please post full error text for apt-get. I need to know which dependency it complains.


I have only dpkg error (little in Spanish):

Code: Select all

$ sudo dpkg -i synfigstudio_0.63.00-20110605.master.7_amd64.deb
[sudo] password for yafu:
Seleccionando el paquete synfigstudio previamente no seleccionado.
(Leyendo la base de datos ... 175886 ficheros o directorios instalados actualmente.)
Preparando para reemplazar synfigstudio 0.63.00-20110605.master.7 (usando synfigstudio_0.63.00-20110605.master.7_amd64.deb) ...
Desempaquetando el reemplazo de synfigstudio ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/synfigstudio.postrm: 5: update-desktop-database: not found
dpkg: aviso: el subproceso script de `post-removal' antiguo devolvió el código de salida de error 127
dpkg - probando el script del nuevo paquete en su lugar...
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: 5: update-desktop-database: not found
dpkg: error al procesar synfigstudio_0.63.00-20110605.master.7_amd64.deb (--install):
 el subproceso script post-removal nuevo devolvió el código de salida de error 127
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: 5: update-desktop-database: not found
dpkg: error al reorganizar:
 el subproceso script post-removal nuevo devolvió el código de salida de error 127
Procesando disparadores para hicolor-icon-theme ...
Procesando disparadores para shared-mime-info ...
Unknown media type in type 'virtual/bluedevil-input'
Unknown media type in type 'virtual/bluedevil-audio'
Unknown media type in type 'virtual/bluedevil-sendfile'
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mms'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmst'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmsu'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/pnm'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspt'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspu'
Unknown media type in type 'interface/x-winamp-skin'
Se encontraron errores al procesar:
 synfigstudio_0.63.00-20110605.master.7_amd64.deb


Code: Select all

$ sudo dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq synfigstudio
dpkg: aviso: sobreseyendo el problema porque está activa la opción --force:
 
 El paquete está en un estado muy malo e inconsistente - debe reinstalarlo
 antes de intentar desinstalarlo.
(Leyendo la base de datos ... 175885 ficheros o directorios instalados actualmente.)
Desinstalando synfigstudio ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/synfigstudio.postrm: 5: update-desktop-database: not found
dpkg: error al procesar synfigstudio (--remove):
 el subproceso instalado el script post-removal devolvió el código de salida de error 127
Procesando disparadores para shared-mime-info ...
Unknown media type in type 'virtual/bluedevil-input'
Unknown media type in type 'virtual/bluedevil-audio'
Unknown media type in type 'virtual/bluedevil-sendfile'
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mms'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmst'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmsu'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/pnm'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspt'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspu'
Unknown media type in type 'interface/x-winamp-skin'
Procesando disparadores para hicolor-icon-theme ...
Se encontraron errores al procesar:
 synfigstudio

KonstantinDmitriev
Site Admin
Posts: 1024
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:16 am
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby KonstantinDmitriev » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:16 am

YAFU wrote:
Zelgadis wrote:RPM should run on any recent (no more than 2 years old) RPM-based distro. It was tested on OpenSuse and Fedora.


Yes, but for any reason I can not convert official RPM packages from OpenSuse or Mandriva to .deb with alien (in similar release date distros)


That's because of many dependencies in the standart packages. We have made package with minimal dependencies to the external libraries so it converts well.

YAFU wrote:
Zelgadis wrote:Please post full error text for apt-get. I need to know which dependency it complains.


I have only dpkg error (little in Spanish):

Code: Select all

$ sudo dpkg -i synfigstudio_0.63.00-20110605.master.7_amd64.deb
[sudo] password for yafu:
Seleccionando el paquete synfigstudio previamente no seleccionado.
(Leyendo la base de datos ... 175886 ficheros o directorios instalados actualmente.)
Preparando para reemplazar synfigstudio 0.63.00-20110605.master.7 (usando synfigstudio_0.63.00-20110605.master.7_amd64.deb) ...
Desempaquetando el reemplazo de synfigstudio ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/synfigstudio.postrm: 5: update-desktop-database: not found
...

OK, thank you! Now I see the problem and know how to fix it! ^___^

KonstantinDmitriev
Site Admin
Posts: 1024
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:16 am
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby KonstantinDmitriev » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:28 am

YAFU:
We have made some fixes. Here are the packages: http://download.tuxfamily.org/synfig/packages/binaries/
Please check and report if they work for you or not. Thank you!

YAFU
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby YAFU » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:41 am

Now works!

The output:

Code: Select all

$ sudo dpkg -i synfigstudio_0.63.00-20110605.master.8_amd64.deb
[sudo] password for yafu:
Seleccionando el paquete synfigstudio previamente no seleccionado.
(Leyendo la base de datos ... 174416 ficheros o directorios instalados actualmente.)
Desempaquetando synfigstudio (de synfigstudio_0.63.00-20110605.master.8_amd64.deb) ...
Configurando synfigstudio (0.63.00-20110605.master.8) ...
Procesando disparadores para shared-mime-info ...
Unknown media type in type 'virtual/bluedevil-input'
Unknown media type in type 'virtual/bluedevil-audio'
Unknown media type in type 'virtual/bluedevil-sendfile'
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mms'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmst'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmsu'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/pnm'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspt'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspu'
Unknown media type in type 'interface/x-winamp-skin'
Procesando disparadores para hicolor-icon-theme ...


Thanks!

KonstantinDmitriev
Site Admin
Posts: 1024
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:16 am
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Package Quality 0.63 Stable

Postby KonstantinDmitriev » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:57 am

Good. I have uploaded fixed packages to sourceforge and updated packages links on download page.


Return to “Packaging”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest