Cannot understand how to setup a time curve for two keyframes or waypoints?

General questions and answers about using Synfig. We encourage you to document your findings in the FAQ and Tips pages on the website.
ghostman2013

Cannot understand how to setup a time curve for two keyframes or waypoints?

Postby ghostman2013 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:00 pm

I need to setup a time curve between frames (or two-points interpolator), e.g. a fast start and a slow end of the animation between two frames or waypoints. Can I do it in Synfig? I'm noobie in synfig, so I need in the detail answer, please.
P.S. I read docs but I understood nothing. Maybe, a reason is my poor English.

Advertisement

d.j.a.y
Site Admin

Re: Cannot understand how to setup a time curve for two keyframes or waypoints?

Postby d.j.a.y » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:57 am

Firstly, to be clear, in synfig interpolations are done between two (or three for TCB) waypoints ... The keyframes are used to store the state of an animation at a specified time.

ghostman2013 wrote:P.S. I read docs but I understood nothing. Maybe, a reason is my poor English.
I know... it's still docs... but did you take a look to Interpolation section from Waypoint doc ?

Also, want to say, that synfig have not an easy learn curve... take the time to do the step by step tutorial at the beginning of the doc/wiki (did you saw that the doc/wiki is translated sometime ?) ... Also, you can take a look to video tutos (from yt) you have choice of languages.
If that solved, please edit initial title adding [SOLVED]

Code: Select all

for each doc in [wiki] ;; if not doc.lang.your ;; then translate(doc, lang.your) ;;

-< Synfig documentation Getting started >-

ghostman2013

Re: Cannot understand how to setup a time curve for two keyframes or waypoints?

Postby ghostman2013 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:34 pm

d.j.a.y wrote:Firstly, to be clear, in synfig interpolations are done between two (or three for TCB) waypoints ... The keyframes are used to store the state of an animation at a specified time.

ghostman2013 wrote:P.S. I read docs but I understood nothing. Maybe, a reason is my poor English.
I know... it's still docs... but did you take a look to Interpolation section from Waypoint doc ?

Also, want to say, that synfig have not an easy learn curve... take the time to do the step by step tutorial at the beginning of the doc/wiki (did you saw that the doc/wiki is translated sometime ?) ... Also, you can take a look to video tutos (from yt) you have choice of languages.

Thank u for answer!

Return to “Synfig related help”