Clearing old animations

Questions and answers about animation with Synfig. We encourage you to document your findings on the tips page of the website
QueryMan

Clearing old animations

Postby QueryMan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:24 pm

I was testing out Synfig to see if it's the animation tool for me (great program, by the way, although some render crash bugs here and there), and after setting up a ragdoll character, I decided to test out some animation, which I found worked great, and after fighting with rendering (I didn't know I could use .avi even if it's unspecified in the options) I found that worked great.

Except the file now contains all the very crude, basic test animations that I want to now completely clear out so I can re-use the ragdoll I made for a proper animation. Is there a button or series of options that allows me to delete/remove all of the pre-existing keyframe animations without losing the now established layers/images/ragdoll that I have set up?

Advertisement

darkspace65

Re: Clearing old animations

Postby darkspace65 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi!
No magic button. Clear all the waypoints, keyframes by hand or use a script like this one: http://www.synfig.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9953. Best to keep a clean copy of your character that you can reuse later.
Greetz!

Return to “Animation related help”