Help!

Discuss Synfig related news
viktoria.s

Re: Help!

Postby viktoria.s » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:07 am

Hi!

I would like to help out with the translations area. I would like to make the hungarian translation.
I have registered at transifex. And I have noticed on this page:
https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/sy ... nfig-core/
I can add new tranlations. But for hungarian I have 2 choices: Hungarian (hu) or Hungarian (Hungary)(hu_HU) which one should I choose?

I have downloaded the english po file and I am planning to translate it offline (using poedit if that is OK) and than I guess I can upload it for the hungarian translation.
But what about the header of the po file. I guess it should be modified, itsn't it?
As far as I observed: the Last-Translator and the Language field should be changed. But are there any other changes to make to the header of the po file before uploading?
(Sorry if my question is a bit nooby but this will be my first translation project.)

Thanks for your answers.

Advertisement

DaveJ

Postby DaveJ » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:56 am

Üdvözlöm Viktoria!

A Hungarian translation is great news as my daughters will be able to use Synfig Studio now! 8)

KonstantinDmitriev
Site Admin

Postby KonstantinDmitriev » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:11 am

viktoria.s wrote:I would like to help out with the translations area. I would like to make the hungarian translation.
I have registered at transifex. And I have noticed on this page:
https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/sy ... nfig-core/
I can add new tranlations. But for hungarian I have 2 choices: Hungarian (hu) or Hungarian (Hungary)(hu_HU) which one should I choose?

Hi, viktoria.s!
I guess Hungarian (hu) should be fine.

viktoria.s wrote:I have downloaded the english po file and I am planning to translate it offline (using poedit if that is OK) and than I guess I can upload it for the hungarian translation.

Yes, of course you can translate offline with poedit.
There's no need to download English po file - just click "Add translation" on this page - https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/sy ... nfig-core/
Then choose "Hungarian (hu)"
The new language will be added. You can click on it and choose "Download for translation".
IIRC there's no additional fields in po should be corrected.
Thank you!

viktoria.s

Postby viktoria.s » Thu May 10, 2012 5:14 am

Hi!

I have created and completed the Hungarian translation :D . It needs a little bit of review, but I think it is fine for the first version. I tried to create a patch report here: SourceForge.net: Synfig: Patches, but there are some problem with my SourceForge.net registration, so I was not able to report the patch. But I hope you can add the tranlation to the project even if I report it in this way. Thanks.
Last edited by viktoria.s on Thu May 10, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viktoria.s

Postby viktoria.s » Sun May 13, 2012 5:12 am

The patch report at SourceForge.net: Synfig: Patches now created. :)

DaveJ

Postby DaveJ » Sun May 13, 2012 6:56 am

What a fantastic translation - you've put an enormous amount of time and trouble into it. I know it's not easy as the logic of the two languages differs so much.

I've been reading through it with my rubbish Hungarian and I'd query just two entries:

Oblique -> Átlátszóság (would ferde be better?)
Kerning -> Kerning (would alávágás be better?)

viktoria.s

Postby viktoria.s » Sun May 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi!

I have created a thred for posting the problems for the hungarian translation. You can find it here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3660

@DaveJ
I will answer your post there. (I guess it yould be better if we continue this discussion on that thread instead of this one.)

San Chaneque

Postby San Chaneque » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:18 am

Hi every one, can any one help me??? I was using the synfig 63.0 version for windows and it was working alright but I just load the 64.0 version and when i try to put a key photogram all program crashes, some one can tell me what to do???

KonstantinDmitriev
Site Admin

Postby KonstantinDmitriev » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:41 pm

San Chaneque wrote:Hi every one, can any one help me??? I was using the synfig 63.0 version for windows and it was working alright but I just load the 64.0 version and when i try to put a key photogram all program crashes, some one can tell me what to do???

Hi!
What do you mean by "key photogram"?

tushantin

Postby tushantin » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:14 pm

Using Kubuntu, and Synfig (the latest one) seems to crash spontaneously...

I'm in a professional project currently. Erm... help? I don't know what to do, or how to diagnose it. It just happens "randomly".
Bartimaeus: "One magician demanded I show him an image of the love of his life. I rustled up a mirror."
My website of awesomeness!

KonstantinDmitriev
Site Admin

Postby KonstantinDmitriev » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:36 pm

tushantin wrote:Using Kubuntu, and Synfig (the latest one) seems to crash spontaneously...

Hi! What do you mean by "the latest one"? Development snapshot or stable 0.64.1?

tushantin

Postby tushantin » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Zelgadis wrote:
tushantin wrote:Using Kubuntu, and Synfig (the latest one) seems to crash spontaneously...

Hi! What do you mean by "the latest one"? Development snapshot or stable 0.64.1?

Yes, it's stable 0.64.1. :D (I can only test the Development Snapshot for my own curiosity, but not my workspace computer; too risky otherwise.)
Bartimaeus: "One magician demanded I show him an image of the love of his life. I rustled up a mirror."

KonstantinDmitriev
Site Admin

Postby KonstantinDmitriev » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:00 pm

OK, got it. Do you use cairo or software rendering?

tushantin

Postby tushantin » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Zelgadis wrote:OK, got it. Do you use cairo or software rendering?

Software rendering probably. Cairo seems to be turned off in the Synfig Studio Setup settings...

KonstantinDmitriev
Site Admin

Postby KonstantinDmitriev » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Does it crash at certain file/at certain operation?

Return to “Synfig news discussion”