We have migrated our forums to brand-new Discourse engine! This step will improve the general experience of communication for our users, simplify maintenance for admins and allow us to add some cool community features in the future. This is one more step in the ongoing process of updating Synfig infrastructure and I hope you will like it!

Initially, the migration to Discourse was planned as $750 goal on Patreon (“Forums Level Up”), but in the beginning of July we’ve got troubles with our old forums engine. In the process of fighting with those problems we found that the simplest solution is to carry out the planned migration, so we decided to raise priority for this task and kill several targets at once.

For the next week the forums will be working in TEST MODE. For any issues you encounter please report them to this thread.

NOTE: If you cannot login with your old credentials, that means your password doesn’t comply with new security requirements. In this case just use “I forgot my password” link (in the login window ) to set a new one.

Go to Synfig forums

This Post Has 11 Comments

1. Binyamin Green

I think this is a wonderful idea. However, I’m not getting the activation email so I can’t log in and use it. I wanted to open an issue on github, but I couldn’t find a repo.

1. Konstantin Dmitriev

Hello Binyamin! Thank you for reporting! I have made some tweaks which should fix the issue. Can you please check if it works for you now?

2. Neil McLeish

Such a great application!
    Is there any way to get the GIMP plugin working in GIMP on Windows?

3. Larinasow

Hi,

I’m LarinasowMS and new on this board.
    I’m from Turkey, working in the tourism industry.

Looking forward for interesting articles!

4. Cyllarus

I’m trying to subscribe to the forum, but when I follow the link for confirming my email, etc., I get this message from Firefox:

Your connection is not secure
    The owner of tracking.forums.synfig.org has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Waterfox has not connected to this website.
    :
    Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

tracking.forums.synfig.org uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
    api.elasticemail.com, http://www.api.elasticemail.com

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

1. Cyllarus

(Waterfox is a version of Firefox with tracking, etc. code turned off.)

1. Konstantin Dmitriev

Hi! Thank you for forwarding email. I have examined it and found that it opens correctly here (Firefox browser). I suspect the link is possibly blocked by Waterfox exclusively? To workaround this you can copy-paste this link into address bar of your browser manually. Note: The trick is to copy-paste, not click the link. ^__^
        I hope that helps.

2. Konstantin Dmitriev

Hi! Thank you for reporting this! I have sent you email about this issue, please check. ^__^

5. RosanneZelay

Hi all,

Sorry if this is not the correct section. I’m interested in starting a site like this? Where would I begin with learning how to do that? Are there any recommended free platforms?

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.