This is the idealization of a feature request to add sounds to synfig/ sinfigstudio.
1) Synfig / Synfigstudio can have several soundtracks.
2) Each soundtrack is a layer. So a new layer type is needed. Lets call it Sound layer (hey! I'm fine today!
3) The sound scope is the canvas. Outside the canvas the sound is muted. It means that if you disable a canvas that have a sound layer inside it will not be rendered. Also that if you open a canvas separately and render it you only render that sounds inside, logically.
4) Sound layer parameters can be related to sound manipulation: Sound file, offset time, amplitude, tone, etc.
5) Sound layers are affected by Time loop layer, and Duplicate layer if they are over it. Time offset of the paste canvas layer affects to the sound layer too.
6) The graph panel can be used to display the sound wave.
7) The parameter "sound file" cannot be exported. It must be a reference.
needs your help!
Developers, packagers, bug testers, translators, artists, web developers, wiki writers... you can