Synfig 0.63 Release Started!

Discuss Synfig related news
Vinsy

Re: Synfig 0.63 Release Started!

Postby Vinsy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:51 am

Animtim wrote:Hey I'm having an issue with the RC (deb 64 on Ubuntu 10.10):

"synfigstudio: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-render-util.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I think that a dependency link to libxcb-render-util0 is missing, I installed it then now it works :)

yes, i'm also having problems with Ubuntu 10.10 Deb 32bits, all dependencies were satisfied, but i have that output in terminal too:

Code: Select all

synfigstudio: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-render-util.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
=D!

Animtim

Postby Animtim » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:29 am

@ Vinsy: Just install libxcb-render-util0 by yourself with sudo apt-get or with Synaptic.

@ Genete: Is there a way to use the advanced outline with the drawing tool ?! If not that's too bad, please add it!
Also is it possible to add some width points on advanced outlines? I didn't find how to…

Zelgadis
Site Admin

Postby Zelgadis » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:25 am

Thank you for reporting issue about libxcb-render-util. I'll take a look at it.

Animtim wrote:@ Genete: Is there a way to use the advanced outline with the drawing tool ?! If not that's too bad, please add it!
Also is it possible to add some width points on advanced outlines? I didn't find how to…

Draw Tool currently can't be used to create advanced outlines. This feature is postponed for the further release.
To add width point, just right-click on existing widthpoint and choose "Insert Item (Smart)". New widthpoint will be inserted before the current one.
Morevna project:
Recently completed tasks: Demo released
Top priority tasks: Synfig Development, Website reorganization

carbonphobia

Postby carbonphobia » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:11 pm

I have this issue below too.
Is it possible to fix the package or pls let us know exactly which version we need of the render-util lib.

Thanks

>> issue with the RC (deb 64 on Ubuntu 10.10):

>>"synfigstudio: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-render-util.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Genete
Site Admin

Postby Genete » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:25 pm

@Animtim: I've seen your translations contributions at transfiex. Can you post your full name here for credits? Will you full translate synfig-core for this release?

@Animtim, Vinsy and carbonphobia:
That's why this is a release candidate ^__^
We need to fix that dependence in the build package script.
Meanwhile try this:

Code: Select all

$ sudo apt-get install libxcb-render-util0

It should work for 32 and 64 bits.

Remember that we are providing packages with virtually none dependence. We create the packages under a chroot environment and prepare all the dependences within that virtual machine. So it is possible that those libraries are included in other libraries in the virtual machine but are split at your system (i.e. ubuntu 10.10). That's why need your help for testing.

-G
Synfig needs your help!
Developers, packagers, bug testers, translators, artists, web developers, wiki writers... you can contribute! :D

Vinsy

Postby Vinsy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:43 pm

yes, that works, indeed it was the first thing i did even before report it in the forums, i think it was or is an issue because the installer didn't asked for it's installation, now the only thing left is a good test to see what it works and how it works, greetings1!

Edit, btw, you all did an amazing work, just look at the smooth looking of ducks, this is great!
=D!

Animtim

Postby Animtim » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:32 pm

Genete: Yes I'm gonna finish the core translation too! I've sent you a PM at Transifex with my name for the credits ;)

Zelgadis: Thanx man for the tip. And so I'm waiting for next release with full advanced outline support. Very cool feature by the way, I already like very much the smooth and precision it gives to outlines.. This on a good pencil-drawing tool will be a killer feature !

Zelgadis
Site Admin

Postby Zelgadis » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:41 am

Satrip wrote:Zelgadis: Thanx man for the tip. And so I'm waiting for next release with full advanced outline support. Very cool feature by the way, I already like very much the smooth and precision it gives to outlines.. This on a good pencil-drawing tool will be a killer feature !

All this thanks to efforts of Genete! ^___^
Morevna project:

Genete
Site Admin

Postby Genete » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:22 am

Zelgadis, can we add the missing library to the building script?
I think it is available for debian stable:
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libx ... -util0-dev
I wonder why did it work fine in older versions of Ubuntu (i.e. 9.10)
-G
Synfig needs your help!
Developers, packagers, bug testers, translators, artists, web developers, wiki writers... you can contribute! :D

Genete
Site Admin

Postby Genete » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:28 am

Vinsy wrote:Edit, btw, you all did an amazing work, just look at the smooth looking of ducks, this is great!

Give all thanks to Nikitakit who implemented the cairo renderer! ^__^
-G
Synfig needs your help!

Zelgadis
Site Admin

Postby Zelgadis » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:38 am

Genete wrote:Zelgadis, can we add the missing library to the building script?

There's no need to do that - it is redundant dependency. I already fixed build script. Will commit as soon as I will get to my PC. ^___^
Morevna project:

Zelgadis
Site Admin

Postby Zelgadis » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:43 am

Damn... Linux packages are quite unstable.
For example: select width tool, click on the canvas -> crash. This not happens when built from source manually. I need to find better combination of library versions...
Morevna project:

secondplanet

Postby secondplanet » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Sorry about the confusion with the Mac package, the latest commit fixes few problems.

View on GitHub: https://github.com/secondplanet/synfig- ... udio-rc.rb
Raw (this is what you'll want to download, with `brew install`): https://github.com/secondplanet/synfig- ... udio-rc.rb

The package is called synfigstudio-rc. I'm building it now and Homebrew hasn't complained, which is good because Homebrew is usually quite fussy about missing parts. By the way, the stable Mac installer that builds a .app is ready, I'm planning on adding a download on the small page I put up: http://code.secondplanetanimation.com/synfig-osx/ (the links are dummies right now, but I'll replace them)

Animtim

Postby Animtim » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Zelgadis wrote:Damn... Linux packages are quite unstable.
For example: select width tool, click on the canvas -> crash. This not happens when built from source manually. I need to find better combination of library versions...

Strange, this doesn't happen to me . I installed .deb package on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit, it works nice as far as I've tested.

Zelgadis
Site Admin

Postby Zelgadis » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Satrip wrote:
Zelgadis wrote:Damn... Linux packages are quite unstable.

Strange, this doesn't happen to me . I installed .deb package on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit, it works nice as far as I've tested.

I have tested on Ubuntu 9.10 (32bit) and it was crashing every time.
Now testing on Fedora 13 (32bit) - works fine.
Looks like the problem with my OS configuration. Good. Not touching the build script.
Morevna project:

Return to “Synfig news discussion”