Synfig Studio 0.62.01RC2 binaries and sources available

Discuss Synfig related news
User avatar
pixelgeek
Site Admin
Posts: 988
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: West Coast USA

Re: Synfig Studio 0.62.01RC2 binaries and sources available

Postby pixelgeek » Tue May 18, 2010 2:17 am

https://sourceforge.net/projects/synfig ... e/download

Windows RC2 posted

FFMPEG updated to something more modern. (but still need to include the licenses)
Text box fixed so that default fonts work without explicit reference to the fonts dir.
Dialog boxes are looking good, but I'm still waiting for the dual random splashscreens.
When using the mirror tool the 'toggle horizontal/vertical' by pressing the shift button doesn't 'stick'. It will switch back once the shift is released. Or if the shift key is held down, will toggle back and forth rapidly.

Chris

User avatar
Genete
Site Admin
Posts: 4849
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:26 am
Location: Spain

Re: Synfig Studio 0.62.01RC2 binaries and sources available

Postby Genete » Tue May 18, 2010 3:51 am

Hey pixelgeek,
it is great the fixes for ffmpeg and text font. Regarding to Text fonts, have you done any change to the source code (including configuration files) or is it just a pre configuration issue?
I confirm the bug with the Mirror tool and also I add a bug with the Width tool: when you click and drag it doesn't work. In windows it works when you click and release click so it is not the same behaviour than in linux.
Reset windows to original configuration doesn't take account the bottom application bar but this is an issue of the windows manager. In Gnome (I assume the same in KDE and others desktop managers in linux) the window manager moves the window to a place where it is completely visible. Commands are the same for both linux and windows versions and behavior is different because of the windows manager behavior.
There is a weird bug too regarding to dual splash screen. I think it is the same problem than the windows position and sizes. for some reason the [0-1) float interval conversion to integer always gives 0 in windows. I'll do some modifications for that code but I can only make work it in linux, so, please rebuild the windows binaries again when I release the final candidate this wednesday.
Thanks!
-G
PS: ah! and I still seeing the "rendering in the same thread" console message. I thought I commited that change :oops: Need to re-verify.
Synfig needs your help!
Developers, packagers, bug testers, translators, artists, web developers, wiki writers... you can contribute! :D

H13N.H3N
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:39 am
Location: ♥ Oblivion! ♥

Re: Synfig Studio 0.62.01RC2 binaries and sources available

Postby H13N.H3N » Tue May 18, 2010 10:27 am

Genete wrote:... I confirm the bug with the Mirror tool and also I add a bug with the Width tool: when you click and drag it doesn't work...

Really? i tested both and they do work, is this a bug exclusive of Windows's build?
Image

User avatar
Genete
Site Admin
Posts: 4849
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:26 am
Location: Spain

Re: Synfig Studio 0.62.01RC2 binaries and sources available

Postby Genete » Tue May 18, 2010 5:39 pm

H13N.H3N wrote:
Genete wrote:... I confirm the bug with the Mirror tool and also I add a bug with the Width tool: when you click and drag it doesn't work...

Really? i tested both and they do work, is this a bug exclusive of Windows's build?

In the previous post I was talking just about windows build. (tested on Windows XP)
-G
Synfig needs your help!
Developers, packagers, bug testers, translators, artists, web developers, wiki writers... you can contribute! :D

User avatar
rylleman
Site Admin
Posts: 739
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:36 pm
Location: Sweden.
Contact:

Re: Synfig Studio 0.62.01RC2 binaries and sources available

Postby rylleman » Tue May 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Been testing 0.62.01rc2 a bit but haven't found anything disturbingly wrong. Will test more indepth over this week and report anything I'll come across.

Ubuntu 9.04, 64bit.

User avatar
pixelgeek
Site Admin
Posts: 988
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: West Coast USA

Re: Synfig Studio 0.62.01RC2 binaries and sources available

Postby pixelgeek » Tue May 18, 2010 7:08 pm

genete -
PS: ah! and I still seeing the "rendering in the same thread" console message. I thought I commited that change :oops: Need to re-verify.

You did, but not in the version tagged as RC2. :)

I still need to try out nikitakit's latest changes.

nikitakit
Site Admin
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Synfig Studio 0.62.01RC2 binaries and sources available

Postby nikitakit » Wed May 19, 2010 11:19 am

pixelgeek wrote:When using the mirror tool the 'toggle horizontal/vertical' by pressing the shift button doesn't 'stick'. It will switch back once the shift is released. Or if the shift key is held down, will toggle back and forth rapidly.


I implemented the shift key in mirror tool exactly the same way as in normal tool. So if you think it not sticking is a problem, I could easily change that - the question is which functionality is best for the artist. Now the rapid switching is a bug, but on my machine, pressing shift only sends one keyboard event. Apparently this is another one of those Windows-only problems.

User avatar
berteh
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:09 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Synfig Studio 0.62.01RC2 binaries and sources available

Postby berteh » Thu May 20, 2010 7:13 am

nikitakit wrote:
pixelgeek wrote:When using the mirror tool the 'toggle horizontal/vertical' by pressing the shift button doesn't 'stick'. It will switch back once the shift is released. Or if the shift key is held down, will toggle back and forth rapidly.


I implemented the shift key in mirror tool exactly the same way as in normal tool. So if you think it not sticking is a problem, I could easily change that - the question is which functionality is best for the artist. Now the rapid switching is a bug, but on my machine, pressing shift only sends one keyboard event. Apparently this is another one of those Windows-only problems.


confirmed bug in RC3 on windows XP: shift is not sticking so you gotta keep it pressed... and doing so leads to infinite H/V toggling. not exactly usable.
B.

User avatar
pixelgeek
Site Admin
Posts: 988
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: West Coast USA

Re: Synfig Studio 0.62.01RC2 binaries and sources available

Postby pixelgeek » Thu May 20, 2010 6:01 pm

We had a good chat about that in IRC last night. There is a quick and dirty solution, but nikitakit is going to look at a more elegant solution this weekend.

Chris


Return to “Synfig news discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest