Synfig 0.62.01 Release schedule

Discuss Synfig related news
doomonyou

Re: Synfig 0.62.01 Release schedule

Postby doomonyou » Mon May 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Genete wrote:[*] Official Release: May 7th to 14th [/list]
Maybe I can compress it a bit if needed.
The perfect distraction after the exams are finished. I hope it comes soon (fingers crossed for May 10th).

Good luck with it.

Animtim

Postby Animtim » Tue May 04, 2010 11:28 am

I've installed the RC on Lucid 64bit, it works nice!
SVG import is much better than before.

And nice to see all the new layer icons in it ;) !

Genete
Site Admin

Postby Genete » Tue May 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Animtim wrote:I've installed the RC on Lucid 64bit, it works nice!
SVG import is much better than before.

And nice to see all the new layer icons in it ;) !

Please try to reproduce the panels mangling issue. Run synfigstudio from a terminal. Quit it. Run it again. Several times and it messes up the panels positions...

-G
Synfig needs your help!
Developers, packagers, bug testers, translators, artists, web developers, wiki writers... you can contribute! :D

nikitakit
Site Admin

Postby nikitakit » Tue May 04, 2010 7:23 pm

What exactly is the panels mangling issue? I'm running a dev build on lucid 32bit, but everything is fine (see screenshots).
Attachments
settings-locked.png
Deleted everything from the settings file and denied write access to it.
settings-locked.png (121.24 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
no-settings.png
Renamed my real settings file so that a new one was created. Everything looks fine.
no-settings.png (113.68 KiB) Viewed 2236 times

pixelgeek
Site Admin

Postby pixelgeek » Wed May 05, 2010 12:19 am

nikitakit - the compressed zero height dialogs in the dock on the right hand side in your second screen shot are the ones concerning me.

H13N.H3N

Postby H13N.H3N » Wed May 05, 2010 1:19 am

i was going to test this release candidate, but i keep having problems with the installation,

Code: Select all

checking for synfig >= 0.62.00 ETL >= 0.04.13 sigc++-2.0... configure: error:  ** Unable to set up dependent libraries (synfig >= 0.62.00, ETL >= 0.04.13)

what i made/tried so far:

-uninstalled any package related to Synfig and SynfigStudio
-configured the paths of dpkg using DPKG_CONFIG_PATH and some other things
-instaled dev and normal packages of MLT and ETL
-restarted my pc

and this is only at "./configure" command, i'm using Ubuntu Studio, originally 9.10 Karmic Koala but now updated to 10.4 Lucyd Linx (or at least that what it says), perhaps i'll stick with the development snapshot till i can download a new package from this release =(

nikitakit
Site Admin

Postby nikitakit » Wed May 05, 2010 1:39 am

H13N.H3N: Are you compiling everything in the right order? If you attempt to set up studio prior to etl and synfig, there would definitely be problems. (see http://synfig.org/wiki/Dev:Build_Instructions)

pixelgeek, genete: I have confirmed the bad dialogs as a bug on my system. I'll probably try a real debug soon, but what I know so far is that the height preference values are read properly from the file, but get mysteriously reset to 1 sometime after that.

Genete
Site Admin

Postby Genete » Wed May 05, 2010 2:19 am

The dialogs sizes are read and written properly from/to file. The problem is the resize(x,y) call. It doesn't obey completely due to the Gdk::Geometry values of the window. I haven't found a combination that work yet.
-G
Synfig needs your help!
Developers, packagers, bug testers, translators, artists, web developers, wiki writers... you can contribute! :D

H13N.H3N

Postby H13N.H3N » Wed May 05, 2010 3:16 am

nikitakit: i did, i read the instructions already, that's why i'm posting my failed results here, is not my first time trying to compile ETL,MTL and Synfig, for some reason i feel very uncomfortable installing tarballs, is not too hard but sometimes i just don't get what i'm missing, if you think this error is too noob for keep track on it, it's fine for me if you want to stop the replies on this, soon or later i'll find out what i'm doing wrong, but i thought i should report my unsuccessful attempt, my principal suspect is my own OS, as it was one of the first releases of Ubuntu Studio 9.10, and not the current final version of the official site, for some reason i feel like something is not working as it *should*, tough everything works sweet

Genete
Site Admin

Postby Genete » Wed May 05, 2010 5:14 am

H13N.H3N,
The build instructions are written for a general debian based system, they might fail if some of the libraries are modified between versions.
Try to strictly follow (repeat all) the build instructions I wrote for 9.10 in this thread. Maybe they still be valid for 10.04.
When I upgrade to Lucid I'll re-check the specific build instructions, meanwhile we can only guess what's happening.

-G
Synfig needs your help!

saorsa

Postby saorsa » Wed May 05, 2010 6:01 am

I just upgraded to lucid, and the instructions in that tread worked fine for me

Genete
Site Admin

Postby Genete » Wed May 05, 2010 6:17 am

Thanks for the report saorsa :)
Synfig needs your help!

H13N.H3N

Postby H13N.H3N » Wed May 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Genete wrote:H13N.H3N,
The build instructions are written for a general debian based system, they might fail if some of the libraries are modified between versions.
Try to strictly follow (repeat all) the build instructions I wrote for 9.10 in this thread. Maybe they still be valid for 10.04.
When I upgrade to Lucid I'll re-check the specific build instructions, meanwhile we can only guess what's happening.

-G

ouh!, Suxess!!

This is the preview of the main window, i like to have a big viewport for working properly, not problem at the moment talking about diferent kinds of Layer, image, traced (Blines and Regions), gradient, etc, still i have to keep testing a little more

Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (145.77 KiB) Viewed 2150 times

Another thing i heard good things about is the SVG import, perhaps was already in the development Snapshot but still works pretty good

Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-1.png (105.79 KiB) Viewed 2150 times

if you ask me, as a regular user, i see no problems regarding the layout, of course i would like to have my windows in size and position every session opened as i left them last time i used them, but i think i can try to live without them, maybe i need to use it more to see what are you talking about

Animtim

Postby Animtim » Thu May 06, 2010 5:21 am

Genete wrote:Please try to reproduce the panels mangling issue. Run synfigstudio from a terminal. Quit it. Run it again. Several times and it messes up the panels positions...

-G

I've done what you asked, but I can't reproduce the panel mangling issue (the panels always start at the same default position )

H13N.H3N

Postby H13N.H3N » Thu May 06, 2010 10:22 am

I've done what you asked, but I can't reproduce the panel mangling issue (the panels always start at the same default position)

Same here, i closed and opened several times from terminal and every time Synfig Studio runs, the panels are the same last session, anyway, i give you my terminal output, the rest of the lines are likely the same but with different timing obviously:

Code: Select all

h13n-h3n@R-System:~/synfig/install/bin$ synfigstudio

synfig studio -- starting up application...

synfig(5067) [08:16:07 AM] info: Loading modules from ../etc/synfig_modules.cfg

(synfigstudio:5067): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class gtkmm__CustomObject_N6studio15ValueBase_EntryE doesn't implement property 'editing-canceled' from interface 'GtkCellEditable'
Quit Request
synfig(5067) [08:16:11 AM] error: KeyframeActionManager::refresh(): Not ready!
synfig(5067) [08:16:11 AM] error: KeyframeActionManager::refresh(): Not ready!
Quit Request sent
synfig(5067) [08:16:11 AM] info: DockManager::unregister_dockable(): "pal_edit" has been Unregistered
Application appears to have terminated successfully
synfig(5067) [08:16:11 AM] error: 1 canvases not yet deleted!

Return to “Synfig news discussion”